Monday, January 5, 2009

Things to do before i kick the bucket..

So when was the last time you did a reality check on how and where your life was going? I mean how many of us out there are doing those things that they love the most? Right after college it was the drill to get a good job. After we got “the good job”, it was a rat race to the top or to that promotion or that something which you thought would make your life, your career.. and then getting married, family, kids, and all the works that come to make us go about living the life we wanted….. have we really got it?

We live our life as though its never going to cease at all. We keep postponing the things we would like to have done. But are our lives so secured that each day wont let us down to a tragedy in waiting? Do we need to have some kind of a summation to fall on our laps to wake us up and try to live our life at the fullest. Anyways. Lot of questions and why I have been asking them is coz of a article I read in readers Digest about “50 things to do before I die” and another article in the same book, where a father realizes that he is dieing due to cancer and will not live to see his daughter grow up. So he takes the opportunity and lives a life that would be his fullest in a short span of time. I for one would love to go about living like that.. so I came up with my own list of 30 things to do before I kicked the bucket and surprise, surprise.. the list gave a perspective to my life. It may have to do with simple things like painting or gardening, but at least it shows that need to do it now as a matter of fact and not procrastinate. The list pointed out that I would love to volunteer at an orphanage, start a business and list goes on.

It revealed to me the kind of person I am. There is this saying that if you want something earnestly, the universe will work in mysterious ways to get it to you. And just about writing it down wishing for it to happened, I hope I have ignited the universe to work its magic. And with this to show me the true meaning of living life to the full.

2 comments:

  1. Hi M, I was pleasantly surprised to read about your blog. Way to go! Your posts are quite interesting, and you have just got yourself your first follower!
    Sharon
    from
    www.thekeybunch.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Maina... lets see the list.. I've been meaning to work on a list myself, but you know better (who has the time?), right?

    ReplyDelete